incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [email] openoffice.org email / user transition
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:46:03 GMT
Note that the issue of monetary contributions and/or donations is a
major one, especially since there are real policy differences between
how OpenOffice.org used to work under Sun/Oracle and how the ASF does
it's fundraising.  In particular, the ASF has a fundraising@apache.org
team and VP who work on fundraising for all projects; individual
projects do not specifically solicit for funds (other than to link to
the ASF Sponsorship page, etc.).

I would urge the PPMC to start a separate thread dealing with the
contributing.oo.o page, the relationship with SPI, and any other
fundraising matters.

Get a description of any pre-existing ways that funds might have come
into the project in the recent past, figure out a proposed plan for what
the PPMC would like to do in the future, and then work with fundraising@
(a privately archived list) to move forward.

- Shane