incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: [email] openoffice.org email / user transition
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 03:32:36 GMT
On 2011/08/12 10:41, Rob Weir said:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I haven't seen any recent progress on planning the transition for openoffice.org
email.
>> Sooner or later the openoffice.org mail server will be replaced. We have seen that
the system is flakey and has been down for as much as one week in the last month.
>> (1) Mailing Lists. Maps have been proposed to transition the many mailing lists into
fewer lists.
>> Do all of these openoffice.org mailing list addresses become aliases for apache.org
mailing list addresses?
> Please, no.  OOo has an 100's of  mailing lists, many of then with
> very few subscribers and only spam as traffic.

    I agree.  I do not think we should keep the lists.  They have only
spam.  Their subscribers are long gone.  There is no use to keep them,
except for the archives.  That's at least true for Traditional Chinese.

    As for SPI donation, that would be another topic.  We may need to
talk to SPI separately, anyway.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>