incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <Te...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: [www] html instead of markdown (mdtext)?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:41:24 GMT
Kay,

Surely this is looking at the issue the wrong way around.  HTML is a
lower lever of abstraction.  Yes, this suggestion makes life easier for
the maintainer but at the expense of extra complexity/difficulty for the
contributor -- especially as the average contributor isn't at ease
working in HTML, so will tend to use some form of WYSIWYG editor.  Hence
different editors can end up laying out the HTML completely differently
if they use different tools to do this, so an svn differencing of two
successive versions with minor content changes could end up looking
entirely different.

If we are going to HTML then perhaps it might be appropriate on this
project to mandate the use of the OOo web editor for editing all such
content.  Just a thought.

Regards Terry