incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <ter...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 09:15:23 GMT
On 07/08/11 23:38, Terry Ellison wrote:
> I've just finished a 1st cut of outstanding tasks and issues for the
> Wiki.
>
> See
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Community+Wiki+Services
>

> Comments gratefully received on this DL and/or on the page itself.
>
> Thanks Terry

Thanks to everyone for this constructive feedback.  I hope that I have
given replies in thread fork where you needed then, but I will up
integrate them and update the document and move forward to complete task
6 in the next couple of days.  There are two further points that I would
like to raise for comment / feedback.

(1) This bulk of this page content relates to technical details and
issues, rather than content / branding / licensing, etc..  As I
mentioned in a reply to RobW, I would like to decouple the
infrastructure aspects from the content-relate aspects as much as
practical to keep the momentum on the platform move.  I therefore
propose to move the bulk of the infrastructure content into a
supplementary page which focuses on this content.

(2) I will be making the snapshot version accessible to the project,
however:

    * I will be overwriting all passwords (except mine and Drew's) thus
      disabling existing account use.  I will also replace all email
      addresses by dummies to prevent existing users resetting their
      passwords, and user page-watch information to stop bad emails
      being generated.
    * Anyone who one who wishes to work on the wiki will need to create
      a new account and apply to Drew or myself for temporary elevated
      privileges if needed.  Just remember that new content will be
      blown away at cut-over, so individual new users must use the
      standard export functionality prior to cut-over to save it if they
      want to restore it post live-transfer.
    * As step one removes the private data elements that could be viewed
      as falling within the purview of EU data protection legislation,
      this means that we could in principle make a copy of this D/B to
      any committers for data analysis. All they need is MySQL installed
      and 3Gb space the D/B.  The data model is pretty straight forward
      :-) (*)

Terry

------
(*) a quick example here is that the edit profile is a classic near
log-lin relationship: 33% of edits where made by 10 editors, 73% by 100,
90% by 315.   //T