incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving OOo web: results of fetch-all-web.sh
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:38:06 GMT

On 08/08/2011 08:29 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi Kay,
>
> I was able to get HTML wrapped using the Apache CMS last night. I'm not ready to commit
anything yet. I'll summarize where I am and possible next steps.

> In order to make progress the key was investigating the source for the {% %} template
tagging. This is found here:

> cms/build/lib/Dotiac/DTL/Tag
>
> I changed view.pm to include an html_page procedure
>
> In path.pm I added a pattern for html wrapping.
>
> our @patterns = (
>          [qr!\.mdtext$!, single_narrative =>  { template =>  "single_narrative.html"
}],
>          [qr!\.html$!, html_page =>  { template =>  "html_page.html" }],
> ) ;

ah! good! So this can be parsed on a page by page basis? If so, super!

> The template html_page.html looks a lot like single_narrative.html but adds an override
to the content block.

> {% extends "skeleton.html" %}
> {% block content %}{% autoescape off %}{{ content }}{% endautoescape %}{% endblock %}
>
> We keep a single skeleton which is good.

This is great news! Thanks for your wonderful insights and work!

> Next steps are
>
> - blocks for javascript and css insertion.
> - controlling sidenav. The current html_page.html is not very good for the pages that
Carl modified in the download directory.
> - header and footer framework
> - online cms editing of html
> - scripting of Kenai html into CMS compatible - stripping of headers and extraction of
javascript and css.

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Aug 7, 2011, at 8:35 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

>>> Great. When I did the work for the www and download project I used a
>>> different script which is still a stub as there was a hand editing
>>> step to correct inconsistent line endings.

>> yes...it got buried! :)

>>> I added a page to the wiki with some of my thoughts today about
>>> headers and footers for the websites including the MediaWiki and User
>>> Forums.
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Website+Template
>>
>> good! this needs regular updating as we iron out issues...I'll take a look
>>>
>>> I am going to try a new template/skeleton.html tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Regards, Dave
>>
>> OK, I'm going to try to start "migrating" some of the old OO.o pages to the "www"
area on Apache today. I won't link them in to anything. This will just be for my education
at this point.

>> So, I am kind of wondering why you took "download" off the main line so to speak.
Thoughts?

>> As far as I'm concerned given the current layout and "incubator" status, we might
consider just leaving the side navigation items as they are or augmenting them somewhat, and
using this existing "template" instead of the more involved "top tab" business currently with
the OO.o site. But...we'll see what we think after a few "tests" I guess.