incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal]
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:14:23 GMT

On 08/08/2011 07:43 AM, Donald Whytock wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Rob Weir<apache@robweir.com>  wrote:
>> What are examples of some threads that would belong in "web develop"?
>> Have we had any threads like this?
>
> One example would be the recent Managing Downloads thread, which
> evolved into a discussion about handling which mirrors would be used
> and whether and how they would be made available for selection.  This
> is more the mechanics of the site rather than the content of the site,
> and not at all the functionality of OOo.
>
> It's probably just as well that that thread started in ooo-dev -- as
> Ross says, the idea is to build community -- but it might be good to
> have a place for it to move into.
>
> Don

 From my perspective, I don't see the one BIG list as bad, but it would
be VERY helpful if folks could label messages more succinctly and
restrict discussion to rather specific aspects.

And, documenting what's been discussed is CRITICAL! It is madness to try
to sift through these messages to get to the "implementable" aspects.

I also see problems with "who can do what", especially from an OO.o
perspective. I think many of us don't know or understand the
implementation details of what's going on here.

Case in point -- the message about the "VM for the wiki" being
established. OK, now what.

MzK

"Those who love deeply never grow old;
  they may die of old age, but they die young."
                         -- Sir Arthur Pinero