incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:48:57 GMT
On 8/8/2011 05:46, Terry Ellison wrote:
> On 08/08/11 01:41, TJ Frazier wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> Methinks I see a small change in the qualifications. As one such user
>> (sysop), I gladly volunteer to continue in that role. I can submit an
>> iCLA, if that would help (it's on my WIGATI list). Since I rarely, if
>> ever, make any substantial contributions, I don't expect to become a
>> committer; I just do little stuff.
>
> TJ, we need someone has sound MediaWiki skills to lead on doing these
> changes; a doer rather than a debater. I've suggest that you are
> qualified. I don't know if anyone on the DL other than you or I knows
> enough about MW content editing, so could you consider my suggestion?

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and I will be glad to help, but I
plead inadequate skills to lead. I have no good idea how MW puts a page
together; CSS, rusty; JS and PHP, nonexistent. (I should add my concept
of leadership: wave sword, yell "Follow me!"; only works well under a
*very* limited set of circumstances. ;-) )

BTW: somewhere on these interminable threads, Rob has suggested that we
might want a separate ML. I agree; I'm drowning here. This would all
have been on the old web-dev ML.

--
/tj/