incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:15:15 GMT
On 08/08/11 03:14, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Infra didn't veto using LVM snapshots, in fact Gavin specifically
> reconfigured the machine to make that possible.
I agree.  I used the expression "isn't comfortable" because that I felt
this was about the right tone to describe the consensus of our
discussion.  To be honest I'm not comfortable with any solution unless
I've used myself, some that I trust has used it, or there is a strong
body of recommendation in the wider community.  This option is simple to
implement and try in pre-prod, unlike a migration to PostgreSQL which
will involve quite a bit of work.

(An example of where I am comfortable is with the use of PHP-APC).

What I had hoped to get feedback/from the wider ooo-dev DL/ was on the
least technical risk, but which also had the business impact, and that
is to stop the service for ~30 mins a day to do the backup.

Is this acceptable?  Historically, the lowest transaction rates occur at
~04:00 UTC, so this is when I'd do it if we go this way.