incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry <Te...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:58:03 GMT
On 08/08/11 01:25, Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2011, at 3:38 PM, Terry Ellison wrote:
>
>> I've just finished a 1st cut of outstanding tasks and issues for the Wiki.
>>
>> See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Community+Wiki+Services
<snip>

> The plan will change slightly if the authoritative DNS for openoffice.org is transferred
to Apache first.

You are correct.  In this case we would face loss of service across the
board, unless we commission a redirector in the opposite direction, so
that we can continue to redirect URIs for these services to the legacy
Oracle-hosted infrastructure.

We have the interaction of 3 task threads here, and I would prefer to
baseline an ordering if not exact dates.

    * The assignment of the authoritative DNS for openoffice.org
    * The  Oracle Business/Legal "go" for transfer of wiki content.
    * The technical work to do the box and content cut-over.

It would be good if Andrew Rist could contribute to this discussion.

//Terry