incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TerryE <...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:37:41 GMT
On this type of discussion, it's easier for everyone if we stand
on-topic so that we can structure threads

On 08/08/11 00:53, Rob Weir wrote:

> At steps 10 and 12, you have "branding changes"  We should list
> exactly what that entails, especially since we'll want the
> reapplication step 12 to be quick.
>
> I assuming that under the name "branding changes" we include:
>
> 1) OpenOffice.org ->  Apache OpenOffice.org and associated logo changes
>
> 2) Removal of Oracle logos and name
>
> 3) Replacement of privacy policy and disclaimer
>
> 4) Update of page edit license text to require Apache 2.0 for new contributions
Yes, good points, though such content changes are functionally separate
from the (infrastructure) migration.  I have suggested in a separate
branch that we set up separate task area with its own leader to work
these issues.
> 5) Suspension of legacy wiki admins or other super users who have not
> been appointed to their role by the PPMC.  We could be proactive in
> this by identifying such users and inviting them to join the project
> now, to ensure no loss of continuity.

You have made this point a number of times on other threads and had a
range of robust responses.  This is nothing to do with branding changes
and its not good DL etiquette to go off topic to cross-link
discussions.  Perhaps we need a specific thread on this, but not on this
discussion, please.