incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 02:15:32 GMT
On 8/7/2011 21:50, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 9:30 PM, TJ Frazier<tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com>  wrote:
>> On 8/7/2011 21:03, Rob Weir wrote:
>> [snip]
>>>
>>> I'd like to at least see a list of all existing super-users on the
>>> wiki, [snip]
>>
>> Where would you like to see it? This is readily available (at least to me)
>> under (toolbox)Special Pages>  User Group Rights>  List of members for the
>> various groups. You will be mainly interested in Administrators (I still
>> like 'sysop' better :-) ) and Bureaucrats.
>>

> I want their real identities and email address.  How else can the PPMC
> contact them to see if they are still interested in volunteering?  And
> how else can we verify that they are on the ooo-dev list?  I don't
> want to guess on trying to correlate ID's on the two systems.

I take your questions as rhetorical, but the first one has a real
answer. Users can be emailed through the "Email this user" function
which shows on their user page (even if they don't have a user page!).

Generally speaking, the wiki is very secretive about real names and
addresses. The data is there, buried in the MySQL database, and must be
extracted manually, /i.e./, at the o/s command level. I'd have to ask
Clayton or Terry.
--
/tj/

(The last time I wrote SQL was from inside a COBOL program. Color me
antique.)