incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 22:53:45 GMT

On 08/07/2011 03:38 PM, Terry Ellison wrote:
> I've just finished a 1st cut of outstanding tasks and issues for the Wiki.
>
> See
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Community+Wiki+Services
>

> Comments gratefully received on this DL and/or on the page itself.

OK, I'll be the first to add to this.

I suggested some time back, and given the technical details we'll be
faced with in migrating a large portion of the current OOo web site to
the Apache web architecture, I strongly suggest that all the native
language projects front-facing pages be migrated to the "new" wiki. I
don't know what any of them would think about this, but I truly feel
this will make life easier for them in the long run. Given what some
have on their existing web sites, I'm pretty sure migration to the wiki
would entail far less time for them, and enable more convenient updating
as well.

Some, if you look at the current OO.o wiki home page, some languages
already have a presence on the current wiki.

This would of course, give them URLS of the form

somewikiname.openoffice.org/"nl_code"

rather than "nl_code".openoffice.org

but I have a feeling such a change would be ok.

Naturally, we should confirm acceptance with them for this.

> Thanks Terry

MzK

"Those who love deeply never grow old;
  they may die of old age, but they die young."
                         -- Sir Arthur Pinero