incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <Te...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: Access to wiki
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 17:43:43 GMT
On 07/08/11 18:25, Dave Fisher wrote:
> <snip>
> I was looking at the various user groups on this page: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers
>
> I see that only Clayton is in the WikiEditor group. Should you be in that group as well?
>
> It should be possible to alter the login page to show any important information we want
to share about the migrated site, correct? With possibly a survey?

> Also, what is the purpose of the Bots group?
The WikiEditor group is the default group for a MediaWiki extension,
FlaggedRevisions, which facilitates some of the control functionality
that Rob, you and other have been asking for.  If you look at Clayton's
status page, this extension isn't yet put to use.  A job for post
transition, I think. But that's why Clayton is the only current member.

Yes, the Main_Page is a restricted page, but anyone can take a copy and
work on it in their User page hierarchy.  When we have a consensus that
it's OK then I can move it back into main.

The bots group is for a  function supported by MediaWiki  where it
provides an XMLPRC to all batch process to  work on the wiki.  In this
case Clayton and co used the PyWikipediabot (I think) to carry out bulk
transactions. This needs an account with special privileges.

Hope this helps.  Terry