incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <Te...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: Access to wiki
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 17:13:48 GMT
On 07/08/11 18:04, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Terry Ellison<Terry@ellisons.org.uk>  wrote:
>> On 07/08/11 16:55, Eike Rathke wrote:
>>> Hi Rob,

>>> Hehe, Clayton was very fast to ensure you won't need a new shed for all
>>> those chickens and goats ;-)
>> People monitor the Special:RecentChanges page on a trust-but-verify basis.
>>   Rob, if you did this for real rather than to make a point here, then you
>> would have your account blocked.  1st warning ;-)
>>
> There was nothing in my contribution that violated any published terms
> of use for the wiki.  It was not offensive, illegal, spam or
> vandalism.  You might argue that it was irrelevant or misplaced.  But
> if we have non-project members deleting contributions from committers
> based on their views of what they consider to be irrelevant content,
> and banning accounts, all without discussion or approval by the PPMC,
> then that is entirely unacceptable. Note further that this was in the
> FAQ section of the doc, which I would consider to be "core"
> documentation under PPMC oversight.

Rob, again, you are confusing the current state with future state.  A
basic rule of migration: don't.

But your points are valid once we've transitioned the wiki to the project.

Apart from the fact that being a PPMC member means that you should have
enough sense not to create content that is indexed nightly by Google and
could be pricked up publicly.  What sort of impression of Apache's
professionalism would this create?