incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving OOo web: results of fetch-all-web.sh
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 15:35:14 GMT

On 08/06/2011 09:03 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:16 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to report that this script worked just fine as near
>> as I can tell.
>
> Great. When I did the work for the www and download project I used a
> different script which is still a stub as there was a hand editing
> step to correct inconsistent line endings.
>
>> The post about the script  has shown up in several places, but
>> placing it as its own subject seemed appropriate.

yes...it got buried! :)

>> Now back to investigating headers/footers.
>
> I added a page to the wiki with some of my thoughts today about
> headers and footers for the websites including the MediaWiki and User
> Forums.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Website+Template

good! this needs regular updating as we iron out issues...I'll take a look

>  I am going to try a new template/skeleton.html tomorrow.
>
> Regards, Dave

OK, I'm going to try to start "migrating" some of the old OO.o pages to
the "www" area on Apache today. I won't link them in to anything. This
will just be for my education at this point.

So, I am kind of wondering why you took "download" off the main line so
to speak. Thoughts?

As far as I'm concerned given the current layout and "incubator" status,
we might consider just leaving the side navigation items as they are or
augmenting them somewhat, and using this existing "template" instead of
the more involved "top tab" business currently with the OO.o site.
But...we'll see what we think after a few "tests" I guess.

later...

>> --

MzK

>> "If you can keep your head when all others around you are losing
>> theirs - maybe you don't fully understand the situation!" --
>> Unknown

MzK

"Those who love deeply never grow old;
  they may die of old age, but they die young."
                         -- Sir Arthur Pinero