incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ingrid von der Mehden <Ingrid...@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject [Proposal] target directories for initial import
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 09:21:59 GMT
There are two repositories that we need to import, so the usual idea of
putting all into trunk does not work out of the box here.
Coming from the thread 'OOO340 to svn - directory setup', I would like
to make the following proposal for the target directories.

Import the repository from http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340
which contains the main office part into a directory
ooo/trunk/main
This should result in directories like:
ooo/trunk/main/UnoControls
ooo/trunk/main/accessibility
etc.

Import http://hg.services.openoffice.org/master_l10n/OOO340/
which contains the translation into a directory
ooo/trunk/extras
This should result in directories like:
ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source
(The former l10n repository duplicates its parent directory but it seems
to me that this is not necessary. Maybe Ivo knows more.)

Advantages:

The main office code that is needed for day to day code development is
still separated from the translation part and can be obtained easily by:
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/main aoo

Further all code line dependent stuff is inside trunk. So this can be
obtained easily by
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk aoo_full

And the directory structure is self explaining.

Note, this setup does not affect later CWS merging as the structure of
the main repository was not changed at all.

Kind regards,
Ingrid