incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: OOo4Kids / OOoLight support ( Re: Migrating the web forums at user.services.openoffice.org to Apache servers )
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:56:04 GMT
Hi all,
2011.08.05. 18:41 keltezéssel, drew írta:
> On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 14:22 +0200, eric b wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> Let's try a different approach: if the item exists on the forums,
>> there will be _de_facto_ a support ? (yet the chicken egg issue .. ).
> Hi Eric,
>
> It's hard to disagree with that - I'd just add, it's a case of lack of a
> champion versus blocking. In the Spanish forum Alexandro has been, is, a
> champion for OOo4Kids/OOoLight. Notice that the different forums are not
> exact copies of each other and indeed the es/forum explicitly list the
> two application. I am a little bit surprised that the forum did not go
> ahead and open separate sub-pages. Why not, I have no idea, but I am
> certain it wasn't because anyone blocked anything.
Why not?
My personal answer no user needs for that:
Only 23 post in EN forum, most of them announcement by Eric on new versions:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=OOo4Kids
One post for OOoLight:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=OOoLight
 From ~ 38000 posts.

Who use OOo4Kids/OOoLight can help to others, I not know we have such
volunteers, but will ask it.

OOo4Kids/OOoLight project members can join and help their users on forums.

Until this happens, not useful to can claim on the forums first page
that we support OOo4Kids/OOoLight.

Regards,
Zoltan