incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Community outreach to openoffice.org visitors?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 19:29:33 GMT
(Taking the opportunity to Refactor a new thread on OpenOffice.org)

Are there any short term plans to update the main landing pages of the
existing OpenOffice.org website(s) to provide user awareness of the
transition of the product and project to Apache?

I don't know 1) how long it will take to actually get this transitioned,
and 2) how hard it is to update the Oracle-hosted sites, but I think it
would be really useful to have a few blurbs about the future plans of
Apache OpenOffice get put on the existing OpenOffice.org site sooner
rather than later.

The blog feed on the homepage is nice, but not enough.

Or is this too much for the moment?

- Shane