incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:35:12 GMT
Dennis,

We are working on some ideas only.  There are questions on how to deal
with the current OOo wiki and move it to Apache servers.  The concern is
that there will be a lose of "active" users if there is a big change in
the way edits are made, i.e. requiring an iCLA.  At this point we do not
have any hard numbers on way maybe lost and trying to see if we can get
those users involved to see what path we need to take.

HTH
Andy

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Let's slow down here.  I don't recognize any alignment on what it is we think we are
asking for (or attempting to do).  This is going way over the edge past JFDI and/or lazy consensus.