incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject status of OpenOffice logo?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 15:29:00 GMT
There are some first steps proceding with moving portions of the existng
OpenOffice.org site to Apache. See, for example,

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/index.html

This page lacks headers and footers, which brings me to...

I know there's been discussion about the current OpenOffice.org logo

vis a vis trademarks, possible changes due to Apache etc.

But could someone give us an update on this?

Can we use the existing logo without changes (i.e. ref to Apache?) or ???

There seems to be few Apache projects. e.g Buildr, which don't seem to
use the Apache logo, and since there seems to be a consensus to keep
OpenOffice.org at a site openoffice.org, I'm wondering if we can just
proceed with what we ahve in terms of headers for web pages without change.

MzK

"If you can keep your head when all others around you
  are losing theirs - maybe you don't fully understand
  the situation!"
                             -- Unknown