incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 08:57:55 GMT
On 8/2/2011 16:38, Rob Weir wrote:
[snip]

> I poked around and found this page:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:Statistics
>
> This lists some additional roles (with counts)
>
> Administrators (26)
> Bureaucrats (4)
> Editors (20)
> Reviewers (5)
>
> Those are in addition to 35,020 User accounts.
>
> Curiously, it reports only 5 of the 35,020 users as having been active
> in the past 7 days.
>
> How we authorize people for these roles and what qualifications are
> required for these roles is an important question.
>
> There are a similar set of questions we should ask about the support
> forums, what the roles are and how PPMC oversight maps to them.
>
> -Rob

Just a sidebar: one of those five active users is pure wiki gold.

A previously inactive user, the kind who doesn't bother to create a User
page, has added some valuable details to the Writer manual, in the
section on footnotes and end-notes. The contribution needs a little
light copy-editing, and is incomplete; but for the moment, the wiki
version of the manual is more helpful and up-to-date than the production
versions (ODT or PDF), though admittedly neither as elegant nor as
controlled.

--
/tj/