incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From IngridvdM <Ingrid...@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject Re: OOO340 to svn - directory setup
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 08:38:32 GMT
Am 03.08.2011 10:24, schrieb Stephan Bergmann:
> On Aug 3, 2011, at 8:45 AM, IngridvdM wrote:
>> Ok agreed, binfilter is not the best example.
>> But what about the general idea to have a second directory where we can place all
the stuff that is not needed to build the main office (so not needed in the usual day to day
work of a code developer), but anyhow belongs to the product and to each codeline/release.
>> Maybe templates or some extensions could qualify for this stuff. Maybe we have nothing
right now but my point is, if we identify such things later I do not want to clutter the directory
structure with more and more directories next to trunk.

> Remember, with svn the complete directory structure can always be changed.  So I see
no need to come up with a perfect solution up front.

It is not only svn to think about. When it comes to building and
packaging and creation of release branches there is easily a lot of
scripting involved. Those things are often not so nice to change
afterwards. So may we can think a day or two about a good directory
structure before. ;-)

Kind regards,
Ingrid