incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 21:16:23 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:

> I poked around and found this page:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:Statistics

Good find.

> This lists some additional roles (with counts)
>
> Administrators (26)
> Bureaucrats (4)
> Editors (20)
> Reviewers (5)
>
> Those are in addition to 35,020 User accounts.
>
> Curiously, it reports only 5 of the 35,020 users as having been active
> in the past 7 days.

Personally I am surprised there have been any edits since the
announcement of transferring to Apache, let a lone in the last week.
Shows that someone is still interested.  I would like to find out what
as edited.

> How we authorize people for these roles and what qualifications are
> required for these roles is an important question.
>
> There are a similar set of questions we should ask about the support
> forums, what the roles are and how PPMC oversight maps to them.

I would think that the PPMC and Committers would be the logical choice.
  The administration is still our responsibility.  Currently we have
members that are listed in admin roles for the wiki and for the forums.

Andy