incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 16:10:10 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:

> At Apache, every committer has the ability to veto a change.  Not just
> me.  Far from it.

True.

> In any case, in order to move the argument forward, I'd like to
> reiterate thecific concerns that I have, to which I've seen no
> response other than "we don't want to change".  But no one is
> addressing the fundamental questions:
>
> 1) How do we ensure that the future documentation is under the Apache
> 2.0 license so that it can be copied, modified and redistributed
> freely by others?

If you talking the wiki, instead of requiring an ICLA as a person has to
create an account, why not make it part of that process that "All
submitted contributions are under AL2 license".  Would that not be
sufficient?

> 2) How do we ensure that the documentation is under PPMC oversight and
> remains high quality?

I received a daily report of all changes to the wiki, there is also the
option for "as done" report.  It would only take a few minutes to do a
quick review of those changes, an revert them if needed.

> I'm open to discussions of various technical and procedural means to
> achieve these goals.  But I am adamant in achieving them one way or
> another.

Would the above listed work?

Andy