incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: How to handle the downloads?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:06:12 GMT
Am 08/02/2011 04:53 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Aug 2, 2011, at 7:27 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> I think the point is this:  Even as we preserve the content of the
>>> OpenOffice.org website, we're not going to be re-hosting the Mercurial
>>> repositories on OO.o.  Everything that was formerly in Mercurial will
>>> need to migrate somewhere else, either SVN at Apache or to Hg at
>>> Apache-Extras.   The future OO.o website, hosted by Apache will have
>>> its source files checked into SVN at Apache.  We'd have a mechanism to
>>> publish these files, on modification, to the right directory for the
>>> web server.
>>>
>>> We'll need a directory structure in SVN that reflects the fact that
>>> we'll be storing source files for two websites there.  This is not
>>> hard.
>>
>> Right. In the SVN repo we have to make the separation of the 2 domains visible.'
>
> Yes that is very true, but there is a problem. We only have the one incubator site in
the Apache CMS and we need to do some experimental conversions. Let's mix in with our Incubator
site two initial projects - www and download - as subdirectories so we can get started with
headers and footers and modifying the CMS build to handle the OOo site pages from Kenai.

OK, no problem to migratethe webpages into the incubator project. Tehn
we can "play" a bit with the content to see how it behaves.

> We can then get started with branding as well.
>
> Later we can change the svn structure to the one that allows publishing of multiple sites
in Apache. We'll need to discuss the publishing of the openoffice domains using the Apache
CMS with Infrastructure.

+1

Marcus