incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TerryE <...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 03:02:16 GMT
<snip>
> Excellent,
>
> I never got a reply on what the VM requirements are.
>
> I'd like to get going so am going to create 2 x VMs of 50GB space and 2GB RAM each, both
> with Ubuntu 10.04.3. One for the mediawiki and one for the forums.
>
> We can then get started on getting a working copy going on these, ready for final sync
once
> the go ahead is given.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gav...

Gavin,

The forums will comfortably run in this.  The wiki might struggle
without tuning, since the current config isn't and the MediaWiki engine
is a D/B hog unless you stick a cache such as Squid or Varnish in front
of it.

If you are building the VMs then that's fine, but I'll want to mirror
them exactly for my dev, so can you mail me the dpkg -l listing together
with the etc tarball and details of any not debian installs.

I'll shout if there's anything missing.  We'll need a PHP accelerator --
Xcache or APC, and php5-cli.