incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] Web analytics
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:30:57 GMT

On 12 Aug 2011, at 21:14, Eike Rathke wrote:

> So first question is: analytics yes or no, which affects also the
> Privacy Policy.

I suggest the right question is "which project members need which data and why". The answer
today may well be "none", since we don't actually have any resources to visit yet. This is
also likely to change over time, and we'll need to add analytics as and when people request
(and justify) according to their specific needs and remove them when they're no longer justified.

I suggest we resist the idea of capturing bulk analytics "just because", and instead devise
a lightweight process for justifying and requesting collection of data. I'd guess there is
already a process to copy somewhere in Apache - any mentors with suggestions where to look?

S.