incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [www] OOo Website Conversion
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 04:58:09 GMT
Hi -

I have modified the template process.

For html files the head and body content are extracted and then placed into the template.

The wrapping is good. There is still work to do with getting to a single version of the css
and javascript.

What is notable it that http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www and http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download
are now connected and have good layout and function.

Next step it work on the footer.

On Aug 9, 2011, at 1:09 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2011, at 12:22 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

<snip>

>> When you look at "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/index.html"
the sidenav is not really turned off. It's just without content but the indent still remains.
Is that what you wanted? If so, the space is IMHO too much wasted as you can especially see
here: "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/other.html"

Taken care of.

<snip>

>> And also here "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www/index.html" we still
have a bit to do. :-P

> We do have a lot to do. It is not always a direct path and I am learning a lot! We will
need to make some choices about page layouts. Where do we want to have the different types
of pages? How much is special and how much fits a "cookie cutter" model?

Getting close here as well.

Regards,
Dave

>> Thanks a lot for unifying the styles. :-)
>
> It is very much my pleasure!
>
> I am looking forward to your ideas.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> Marcus

>>> For tomorrow.

>>> Confirmed the editing of html. There is syntax coloring in the CMS WebGUI.

and extraction of javascript and css.

>>> To be discussed. It depends on how many sets of special page styles are really
needed. Here is how it currently works:

>>> Here is the script for wrapping the html:
>>>
>>> sub html_page {
>>>    my %args = @_;
>>>    my %styleargs = @_;
>>>    my $file = "content$args{path}";
>>>    my $template = $args{template};
>>>    $args{breadcrumbs} = breadcrumbs($args{path});
>>>
>>>    read_text_file $file, \%args;
>>>
>>>    my $page_path = $file;
>>>    $page_path =~ s/\.[^.]+$/.page/;
>>>    if (-d $page_path) {
>>>        for my $f (grep -f, glob "$page_path/*.mdtext") {
>>>            $f =~ m!/([^/]+)\.mdtext$! or die "Bad filename: $f\n";
>>>            $args{$1} = {};
>>>            read_text_file $f, $args{$1};
>>>        }
>>>    }
>>>
>>>    my $style_path = $file;
>>>    $style_path =~ s/\.[^.]+$/.style/;
>>>    if (-f $style_path) {
>>>        read_text_file $style_path, \%styleargs;
>>>        $args{scriptstyle} = $styleargs{content};
>>>    }
>>>
>>>    return Template($template)->render(\%args), html =>  \%args;
>>> }
>>>
>>> Which interacts with templates/skeleton.html
>>>
>>>  <title>{% block title %}{{ headers.title }}{% endblock %}</title>
>>>
>>> {% autoescape off %}{% if scriptstyle %}{{ scriptstyle }}{% else %}{% include
"scriptstyle.html"%}{% endif %}{% endautoescape %}

>>> So you see there is a default location for css and javascript.
>>>
>>> The question is if there should be a set of selectable javascript/css templates,
or if we want to have these files be next to the file they apply to.

>>> If we go to a specific set of templates method then we would change to:
>>>
>>> {% autoescape off %}{% if scriptstyle %}{% include scriptstyle %}{% else %}{%
include "scriptstyle.html"%}{% endif %}{% endautoescape %}

>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

to the "www" area on Apache today. I won't link them in to anything. This will just be for
my education at this point.

status, we might consider just leaving the side navigation items as they are or augmenting
them somewhat, and using this existing "template" instead of the more involved "top tab" business
currently with the OO.o site. But...we'll see what we think after a few "tests" I guess.