incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [www] OOo Website Conversion
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 08:09:05 GMT

On Aug 9, 2011, at 12:22 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 08/09/2011 03:07 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
>> Hi -
>>
>> Progress.

to commit anything yet. I'll summarize where I am and possible next steps.

%} template tagging. This is found here:

>>> ah! good! So this can be parsed on a page by page basis? If so, super!

an override to the content block.

>> Now is this:
>>
>> {% extends "skeleton.html" %}
>>   {% block content %}{% autoescape off %}{{ content }}{% endautoescape %}{% endblock
%}
>> {$ endextends $}

>>> This is great news! Thanks for your wonderful insights and work!
>>
>> You are welcome. With a few tweaks things are committed and the process works!

>> For testing purposes I split the www/index.html into an index.style and shortened
index.html.

>> I'm not sure if this is best or if the split needs to be done while processing the
view. This is a subject for tomorrow.

>> Also, this page needs a lot of work on styles to make it look like before. Kenai
stores content in places we may not have access to via the svn repos like "branding"

pages that Carl modified in the download directory.

>> For all html wrapped content I now turn off the sidenav. For mdtext the sidenav remains.
>
> When you look at "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/index.html" the
sidenav is not really turned off. It's just without content but the indent still remains.
Is that what you wanted? If so, the space is IMHO too much wasted as you can especially see
here: "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/other.html"

True. The css is not distingusihed. We have some equivalence in id/class names. We can do
this either by the id or by alternative css. Today I lean towards changing ids.

Converting to the proposed framework will help.

> And also here "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www/index.html" we still have
a bit to do. :-P

We do have a lot to do. It is not always a direct path and I am learning a lot! We will need
to make some choices about page layouts. Where do we want to have the different types of pages?
How much is special and how much fits a "cookie cutter" model?

> Thanks a lot for unifying the styles. :-)

It is very much my pleasure!

I am looking forward to your ideas.

Regards,
Dave

> Marcus

>> For tomorrow.

>> Confirmed the editing of html. There is syntax coloring in the CMS WebGUI.

extraction of javascript and css.

>> To be discussed. It depends on how many sets of special page styles are really needed.
Here is how it currently works:

>> Here is the script for wrapping the html:
>>
>> sub html_page {
>>     my %args = @_;
>>     my %styleargs = @_;
>>     my $file = "content$args{path}";
>>     my $template = $args{template};
>>     $args{breadcrumbs} = breadcrumbs($args{path});
>>
>>     read_text_file $file, \%args;
>>
>>     my $page_path = $file;
>>     $page_path =~ s/\.[^.]+$/.page/;
>>     if (-d $page_path) {
>>         for my $f (grep -f, glob "$page_path/*.mdtext") {
>>             $f =~ m!/([^/]+)\.mdtext$! or die "Bad filename: $f\n";
>>             $args{$1} = {};
>>             read_text_file $f, $args{$1};
>>         }
>>     }
>>
>>     my $style_path = $file;
>>     $style_path =~ s/\.[^.]+$/.style/;
>>     if (-f $style_path) {
>>         read_text_file $style_path, \%styleargs;
>>         $args{scriptstyle} = $styleargs{content};
>>     }
>>
>>     return Template($template)->render(\%args), html =>  \%args;
>> }
>>
>> Which interacts with templates/skeleton.html
>>
>>   <title>{% block title %}{{ headers.title }}{% endblock %}</title>
>>
>> {% autoescape off %}{% if scriptstyle %}{{ scriptstyle }}{% else %}{% include "scriptstyle.html"%}{%
endif %}{% endautoescape %}

>> So you see there is a default location for css and javascript.
>>
>> The question is if there should be a set of selectable javascript/css templates,
or if we want to have these files be next to the file they apply to.

>> If we go to a specific set of templates method then we would change to:
>>
>> {% autoescape off %}{% if scriptstyle %}{% include scriptstyle %}{% else %}{% include
"scriptstyle.html"%}{% endif %}{% endautoescape %}

>> Regards,
>> Dave

User

to the "www" area on Apache today. I won't link them in to anything. This will just be for
my education at this point.

we might consider just leaving the side navigation items as they are or augmenting them somewhat,
and using this existing "template" instead of the more involved "top tab" business currently
with the OO.o site. But...we'll see what we think after a few "tests" I guess.