incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Donated hardware (was: Mac buildbot)
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 13:37:59 GMT

On 4 Aug 2011, at 08:47, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> maybe someone from this list can help.
>
> Two or three years ago, I organized the loan of a Mac buildbot from an anonymous supporter,
which has been kindly hosted at the Sun respectively Oracle office building in Hamburg. It's
a Mac Pro machine, if needed I can look up the exact technical details.

> The machine's name was buildbot-mac1.services.openoffice.org.
>
> However, for quite a while it seems to be unreachable, and since the recent changes,
there's no contact person anymore.

> Does anyone know where this machine is at the moment? Since it's a loan where I'm in
charge of, I hope someone can help.

This raises an interesting question. I'm aware of other hardware that was donated to the project
(such as the Pootle server) which presumably should be transferred to Apache since it was
not Oracle's property. Do we know where this equipment is? Where would Apache host such systems?

S.