incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating the "forums" and "wiki" projects under SVN
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:10:55 GMT

On 31 Aug 2011, at 11:52, Terry Ellison wrote:

> I want to put the forums "sub-project" under svn today, so I can populate the baseline.
 At the moment /incubator/ooo has the "core" subdirectories branches, tags, trunk, trunk-orig
-- plus the "project" tree for the www.openoffice.org site.

> Since the number of items under CM for the forums and wiki are quite small, I propose
to add an extra tier, and that way we can plug any other XXXX.openoffice.org services/sites
alongside:

> *    /incubator/ooo/services/forums/trunk
> *    /incubator/ooo/services/wiki/trunk
>
> Note that these only contain files needed to build the application (that is the phpBB
and MediaWiki installation).  The application content itself is backed up rather than maintained
in svn.  The system / platform configuration files are under the infrastructure repository.

Terry, please put all the files, except site content under the infra svn tree.  The main ASF
repo is not the place to do this.

Tony

Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com // pctony@apache.org