incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: How to rebuild types.rdb ?
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:33:32 GMT
Hi,

Le 16 août 11 à 04:23, Chaosun a écrit :

>>> - why a binary blob is directly provided in OpenOffice.org sources ?
>>> ( OOO320_m1x  for instance, but DEV300 is probably the same)
>
> "This file is provided with OpenOffice.org and brings a virtual
> image of all the idl files used by OOo.

Indeed. But what is the goal ?  Compare what we build with a reference ?

> You can use it to create all the hpp and hdl files needed."

Okn thanks.  During the build, we create something similar, and
compare with regcomp.

>>> - how to create a new types.rdb (and what are the mandatory tools) ?
>
> IMHO, you don't need to create a new types.rdb, the office won't
> work in that way. It's all API related. However, you could write
> your own idl to have a update on types.rdb.

Yes, if I want to add my own services. But in this case, I'd like to
remove some services, to analyze / see the relation between cold
start and services.rdb size. I'm pretty sure this is linked.

> More, you can check the contains of .rdb file using regview
> command, also can output to a .txt file using "Regview types.rdb >
> service.txt". Then, you will get the pic what is that.

That's the point : I was using regcomp, but that's another usage, and
I'll play with regview now. Thanks for pointing me in a better
direction :-)

Regards,
Eric Bachard

--