incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ is now live - Regression Check
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:57:31 GMT
Hi Dennis,

On Tuesday, 2011-08-30 17:52:38 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> It will be useful for folks who already have issues on the
> OpenOffice.org bugzilla to go through the password reset.  I recommend
> using your @openoffice.org ID and the password you have already on
> openoffice.org for simple continuity.

I don't see why using the same password would be any benefit. In fact
that's contradictory to anything that's usually said about choosing
passwords. The new Bugzilla also isn't coupled to the OOo user database
anymore, so there's really no need to have identical passwords.

However, while currently the @openoffice.org mail forwarder still exists
that may change in future, so setting up a different mail address with
BZ probably needs to be done anyway at some point.

  Eike