incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Update on SVN dump load
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 04:16:27 GMT
wrt complete checkout, some use of

svn checkout --depth=immediates
svn up dir --set-depth=immediates
svn up dir --set-depth=infinity

might help with network issues.  (it breaks the checkout into smaller
transactions)

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote on Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 20:23:31 -0700:
> Thanks joe,
>
> I already had a laborious additional SVN update stage running when I saw this message.
 So about 18 hours total into this, when it interrupted once again, I started a new folder,
this time on my local hard drive (I had been updating onto a shared folder of a file server),
and did a complete check-out in 30 minutes, 30 seconds.

> I can now drag that baby over to the file server where I want to keep it.  Quickly.
>
> Based on this, when the merge into the incubator/ooo/ SVN subtree happens, I think I
will nuke the tree I have and do a complete check-out the same way.

>  - Dennis

by an SVN check-out and, after the check-out is interrupted for some reason, subsequent SVN
updates to continue pulling down a working copy of the repo, rinse-repeat whenever there are
connection failures of some kind.

> 	I say that because I am around 12 hours into that process and I am still pulling just
the trunk (at about 1.5 GB including all of the .svn stuff).

> 	Fortunately, it doesn't swamp my machine and I can do other work, such as write emails
[;<).  Don't think I'll try watching Netflix on-line though [;<).

> 	- Dennis
>
> 	PS: I have, since June 1, had a lifetimes supply of ways to show myself how stupid I
am.  Walking onto a project of this magnitude without first learning the toolcraft and customs
on something smaller is not thrilling.  I am going to find those smaller things to teeth on
while I watch in horror how complex this activity is.

address, not the https:// form.