incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Lauder <yori...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [email] RE: [Discuss] ASF hosted openoffice.org email service [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 14:27:18 GMT
On Monday, August 22, 2011 02:02:42 AM Gavin McDonald wrote:
> [...]

I wasn't asking that, previous discussion had pointed to redirecting OOo lists
to the Apache ooo lists

> If not please explain the ease in which this transfer of email accounts,
> mailing lists,
> archives, dns, integration with our systems will take place. Your one
> sentence makes
> it sound like a 5 minute job.
>
> Gav...

I thought this was all being done in any case if only to retain connect for
users of legacy OOo.  Many email addresses have to be retained because our
users are not au faix with the machinations of Oracle and Apache.  Simply that
@openoffice.org will get them what they need in terms of support whether it be
users@, discuss@ or "whatever MarCon"@.  That will not disappear overnight.

  Cheers
GL