incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Hoch <eric_openoff...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Managing mailing lists (spams issues on fr mailing list)
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 08:14:11 GMT
Hi Shane,
Am Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:15:06 -0400 schrieb Shane Curcuru:

> On 8/19/2011 2:20 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM, eric b<eric.bachard@free.fr>  wrote:
> Note that in general, I would envision the future state of AOOo
> as having far, far fewer lists than the existing set of OOo
> lists.

Agreed.

> Note that the one exception that I have seen regularly
> made to have "more lists" is languages - a number of projects
> have a dev-fr@ list in addition to dev@ or the like.
>
> Having fewer lists - even perhaps with more traffic - tends to
> encourage more of a coherent community feel.

Right but a lot of german users and volunteers are afraid of using
English as the language of choice for mailinglists. Older german
citizens e.g. didn't learn English at all or years back in school
and never used it or aren't familiar with using it on a regular
base, so I would at least create one mailinglist for them. We can
call it discuss, users, dev whatever. For other german mailinglists
it is hopefully possible to coordinate with "The Document
Foundation".

Eric

--
## de.OpenOffice.org - Office für MacOS X, Linux, Solaris & Windows
## Openoffice.org - ich steck mit drin!