incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:03:38 GMT
Rob Weir wrote on Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:53:12 -0400:
> I'm not certain whether I have permissions to load the dump file
> directly, without going through Apache Infra.  I'd like to avoid doing
> this as a giant commit of 76K files because of difficulty of dealing
> with partial failures.  I also want to avoid sending a 1.8 GB commit
> note to your inbox!

Don't worry about the commit mails; the mailer has an upper size limit.

But a 1.8GB commit will mean that everyone in Europe who commits after
you and before your commit has synced won't be able to update to the
revision they just committed, which will cause some problems.

> I'm assuming that on the Infra side, they would first lock SVN from
> writes, do a dump of the existing AOOo repository, as a backup, then
> load my dump file.  That way, if anything goes wrong, they can restart
> from a known state.

Essentially, yes.  Except that there is no "AOOo repository" --- all of
/repos/asf is one repository.