incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Andre Schnabel" <Andre.Schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Donated hardware (was: Mac buildbot)
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 14:17:09 GMT
Hi Sam,

> Von: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> >

> > This raises an interesting question. I'm aware of other hardware that
> was donated to the project (such as the Pootle server) which presumably
> should be transferred to Apache since it was not Oracle's property. Do we know
> where this equipment is? Where would Apache host such systems?
>
> At the moment, all we have is a Software Grant.  While we could chose
> to go back and ask for me (and likely will when it comes to other
> source files that we determine we might need), I see nothing that
> indicates that we have a need to request the transfer of hardware.

I think, people who know about such hardware are  here on the list
already, so it should be quite easy to get answers. I'm not speaking
about Oracle hardware but of donations to the OOo project (like the
mac build bot mentioned by Florian) or servers payed from donated money
like the pootle server:

http://openoffice.org/projects/council/lists/budget/archive/2010-06/message/10

Although there might be no urgent need of those servers, it might be
worth to ask if these resources can be used (or how they are currently
used).

regards,

André