incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Andre Schnabel" <Andre.Schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 13:54:35 GMT
Hi Rob,

> Von: Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com>

> > I think there is a difference between informed hypothesis and
> speculation
> > :-)
>
> And neither is the same as facts.  I'm concerned when I hear
> paternalistic statements of "our contributors will never post patches"
> or "They would never ever sign the iCLA", or "If we don't let them
> contribute anonymously with 1-character passwords and fake names under
> an eclectic license of their choice then they will kill themselves".

Well maybe - just maybe - you may consider that the people who try to give
you some advice have been dealing with exactly those type of contributors
for the last couple of years, while IBM (according to your own words
was not the best citizen in the Ooo community ecosystem).

Btw. I have mot seen anybody stating such statements as you quote. The only
thing i saw was people pointing to risks. You may ignore a certain amount
of risks, but finally these sum up.

You need not care about me (I'm not an apache committer) but it's sad that
you even try to ignore those people who are strongly committed to OOo at
apache.

regards,

André

PS: again a scnr: