incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Andre Schnabel" <Andre.Schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 08:10:49 GMT
Hi Rob,

> Von: Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com>
> >
> > Right, OK, but again, where will this and many other ancillary
> > openoffice.org sites (like the forums etc.) actually live?
> >

> The goal would be to have then continue at www.openoffice.org.

> > Yes, I know about this and have contributed to this but it doesn't
> really
> > answer my question...where do we go?
> >

> If my answer still doesn't make sense, maybe you can try restating
> your question.  I might be answering a different question than you are
> asking.

I think, Kay is asking for the "physical" solution. Means:
- who will be the owner of the website
- who will pay for the servers and bandwith
- who will be the admin of the servers

What seems to be unclear is, if Apache foundation will host content
which is not directly under a *.apache.org domain.

André