incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [legal] ICLA paragraph 7
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:01:11 GMT
I thought you were given a definite opinion,
at least for all practical purposes: it mainly
depends on whether the contribution in question
is substantial enough to be independently
copyrightable.  For smallish bugfix patches,
the answeris no, so there's no need for an iCLA.
And when in doubt about how to answer that question,
request an iCLA anyway.  That was the gist of the
thread on legal-discuss@ and has been consistent
with ASF practice spanning almost a decade now.