incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject RE: Spam on users@fr.openoffice.org
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:42:10 GMT
On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 08:19 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Fred Juan DIAZ,
>
> I agree that it is important to clean up those lists.
>
> I just wanted to be accurate that it is not a spam attack in the usual sense, if those
are the problems.  It is only on some of the lists, and it is only as an echo from posts by
others on those lists.  So the idea would be to block that sender and then remove the list
subscriber(s) that are bouncing in this manner.

> My main point is there does not to be anyone here who has the authority to administer
the fr.openoffice.org forums, and that you have to find someone who does have that authority.

> I.e., take the problem to someone who can do something about it.  Do you know anyone
that you can reach directly?

> If all of the current administrators have abandoned fr.openoffice.org and no one knows
how to reach them to solve this problem, we need the assistance of someone from Oracle.

> Otherwise we will have to wait until the already overworked volunteer manages to move
the forums to Apache infrastructure.  I understand that is damaging to the fr.openoffice.org
forums.  We can do only what is in our power to do.

For mailing lists you will need to go to Oracle for help at this point I
believe - there is no one at the forums (I assume your remark was
referring to Terry) that could ever have helped with that.

With  JBF having left for LibO...no idea personally, but maybe Hagar or
one of the other fr admins could help here with a correct name -
actually just went to ask them, but alas it seems the user.services
forums are unreachable currently :(

//drew