incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Juan DIAZ <fred_ka...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re : Spam on users@fr.openoffice.org
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:10:29 GMT
Hi
(I moved Dennis E. Hamilton's answer in the right thread  not to pollute original theme )
You must understand that
1.  95% of the previous OOo list users have gone to LibO lists (see stats).
2. If those automatic messages are not stricto sensu spams, their effect is the same (would
you like to get a triple echo from vodaphone each time you post on this list ?
3. if you stay between dev, neglecting general organisation, you are going to loose ALL french
users.
(except may be EducOOo team linked to education.openoffice.org project, but the in central
team we are less than 20 persons)
When people get used to LibO already installed by default in all general linux distribs, they
won't come back to AOOo (ergonomic slowness)
4. French volunteers are rare and you won't catch them again if they go elsewhere.

That's why without falling in paranoïa, I think that If I wanted to bury french branch of
OOo, the best way to do it would be simply to let this situation " status quo."

regards

Fred Juan DIAZ

=================
Eric, I don't think the fr.openoffice.org is under any control of the
podling PPMC at this point.  Are you talking about the forum, a wiki,
lists, or something else that can be spammed?

I notice that the archives for <http://fr.openoffice.org/contact-forums.html> seem to
have disappeared.  Is that normal?  Also, does anyone know how
to reach kenaiadmin?  The link is bad.  Maybe Louis Suárez-Potts knows?

I see on the lists here, <http://openoffice.org/projects/fr/lists>, that there are very
few recent posts, but there is some sort of auto-responder at service-clients@sc.sfr.fr that
is making repeated list responses to recent posts (usually
multiples of 3).  While annoying, they don't appear to be spam as such.  Is that what you
are trying to correct?

We have test sites of
the wiki and forums in preparation for cut-over onto Apache
infrastructure.  Those are not the live system that is being spammed.
It may be weeks before we cut over the live sites.

Who already
has administrative rights there that can grant them to you so you can
contribute to cleaning things up?  It seems you should contact one of
those people directly.

- Dennis