incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Apache Roadshow Shanghai, October 23rd 2011
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 14:57:52 GMT
On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 21:27 +0800, Chao Sun wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> > On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 20:40 +0800, Chao Sun wrote:
> >> Hi, all

Is anyone aware of the Apache Roadshow in Shanghai [1]?

> >> Yes, I am one of the committers in China. If anyone knows the details. please
let us know.

> > Hi
> >
> > Are you a software developer?
>
> Yes indeed, I am the architect of RedOffice
>
> > Will you be working on the actual code?
> Yes, casual day work.
>
> > Do you have any comments on the work being done on the code repository?
> Well, mainly on RedOffice code repository.
>
> > Thanks for your time on this - I'm really trying to understand if there
> > is a point to working on stuff here - without developers it doesn't seem
> > very worth while and I just don't see any interest coming out of your
> > way, so just wondering how interested folks are on working on this.
> >
> Sure, I do understand

Hi Chao.

Thanks for the reply,

I've downloaded RedOffice a couple of times (wish there was an English
language pack for it) just do to screen shots and the like. I like it
actually - I hope that going forward your team can find a way to be more
assertive as to getting your changes into the final application.

Best wishes,

//dree