incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Update on SVN dump load
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 03:25:39 GMT
The plan is to do the load tomorrow, assuming
our prior svn upgrade plans go well.

>________________________________

So about 18 hours total into this, when it interrupted once again, I started a new folder,
this time on my local hard drive (I had been updating onto a shared folder of a file server),
and did a complete check-out in 30 minutes, 30 seconds.

>I can now drag that baby over to the file server where I want to keep it.  Quickly.
>
>Based on this, when the merge into the incubator/ooo/ SVN subtree happens, I think I will
nuke the tree I have and do a complete check-out the same way.

>- Dennis

than by an SVN check-out and, after the check-out is interrupted for some reason, subsequent
SVN updates to continue pulling down a working copy of the repo, rinse-repeat whenever there
are connection failures of some kind.

>    I say that because I am around 12 hours into that process and I am still pulling
just the trunk (at about 1.5 GB including all of the .svn stuff).

>    Fortunately, it doesn't swamp my machine and I can do other work, such as write
emails [;<).  Don't think I'll try watching Netflix on-line though [;<).

>    - Dennis
>
>    PS: I have, since June 1, had a lifetimes supply of ways to show myself how stupid
I am.  Walking onto a project of this magnitude without first learning the toolcraft and
customs on something smaller is not thrilling.  I am going to find those smaller things to
teeth on while I watch in horror how complex this activity is.

address, not the https:// form.