incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Update on SVN dump load
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:12:47 GMT
Yes that is a painful way to proceed.  9 times out of 10
it is way faster to nuke a partial checkout and retry than
it is to use svn update to pick up where you left off.

I learned this while dealing with network issues during a
FreeBSD checkout.  Wasted a full day waiting on svn up.

>________________________________

by an SVN check-out and, after the check-out is interrupted for some reason, subsequent SVN
updates to continue pulling down a working copy of the repo, rinse-repeat whenever there are
connection failures of some kind.

>I say that because I am around 12 hours into that process and I am still pulling just
the trunk (at about 1.5 GB including all of the .svn stuff).

>Fortunately, it doesn't swamp my machine and I can do other work, such as write emails
[;<).  Don't think I'll try watching Netflix on-line though [;<).

>- Dennis
>
>PS: I have, since June 1, had a lifetimes supply of ways to show myself how stupid I am.
Walking onto a project of this magnitude without first learning the toolcraft and customs
on something smaller is not thrilling.  I am going to find those smaller things to teeth
on while I watch in horror how complex this activity is.