incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject [WWW] Privacy Policy ( was [Fwd: Assistance with rewriting TOU/PP for Apache OpenOffice.org podling])
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:01:51 GMT
On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 07:37 -0400, drew wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Sending along copy of the email to the legal-discuss list.
>
> Cliff Notes version
> Down and dirty 1st draft of new TOU here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/website-terms-of-use-draft
>
> I'll update the draft page to reflect discussion from the two lists,
> please feel free to do so yourself, should you so prefer.

Howdy List,

Ok, well the TOU has been available for review for a while, no comments
TD. One small issue, still missing wording for a Privacy Policy.

If you look at the draft TOU it references a currently non-existent PP
page as : http://incubator.apache.org/openoffice.org/privacy.html

I've appropriated the text from another ASF project, made a few minor
edits and placed a draft for same at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/website-privacy-policy-draft

So - this assumes that for now there will be no third party analytics,
which I would propose as the correct way to proceed at this moment.

Thanks for you time,

//drew

ps. Will send similar email to legal-discuss now.