incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: User support - what do others do
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 22:50:38 GMT
On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 07:27 +0900, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
> Hi Drew and all,
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:40 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> > Calligra - forums, no mail list
> > Scribus - forums, no mail lsit
> > Paint.net - forums, no mail list
> > GnuCash - forums, no mail list
> > InkScape - forums AND mail list
> > MySQL - forums and mail lists, however Forums are predominantly
> > displayed from the sites main page, mailing lists take a little digging.
> > Postgres - mail list, no official forum, though very active un-official
> > one.
> > All of the projects offer a user oriented wiki.
>
> No one have Japanese forum, Japanese mail list, Japanese wiki page, don't they?

Howdy,

Might be (maybe) one or two - but I didn't really look - I said in an
earlier email about only creating 10 user mailing lists, that the number
was not enough, because I have come to believe that the expansive
support for native languages, as a fabric of the openoffice.org project,
is a real and important point of distinction - a point that crosses over
being as true for FOSS and commercial offerings alike.

A point which has real implementation implications to this thread also -
currently at OO.o every supported language has a user ML but not so a
web forum - that's an issue to be dealt with but, again IMO, could be
handled either way, fairly easily.

//derw