incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:25:57 GMT
On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 16:49 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> > I can understand Rob's arguement that we have to split ourself to give
> > support for mailing list(s) and forum in parallel. However, I believe that
> > it would be an advantage when the normal, average user has a choice where to
> > go to get an answer.
> >

> So let's be clear on what we're proposing.  In order to give the users
> more flexibility, so they don't need to choose between a list or a
> forum, so they can just continue to do exactly what they do today,
> with no change, we will create, moderate and maintain 10 new mailings
> lists, as well as the associated archives:
>
> ooo-users-en.i.a.o
> ooo-users-es.i.a.o
> ooo-users-hu.i.a.o
> ooo-users-it.i.a.o
> ooo-users-ja.i.a.o
> ooo-users-nl.i.a.o
> ooo-users-pl.i.a.o
> ooo-users-vi.i.a.o
> ooo-users-zh.i.a.o
>
> Is that that idea?  If so could we get names for 30 moderators,
> please, 3 per forum?  .

No, you would need many more than that.

Languages, native lanauge that is what makes OO.o special - the
application ships with 100 + languages, not 10.

The User.serverces forums are only one site not all the web forums -
last I checked there where at least 12 other languages not found at
user.services.

//drew