incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: users-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg@public.gmane.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg@public.gmane.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:25:32 GMT
On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 18:21 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2011-08-23 3:37 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
> >>
> >> Does it matter?  The English list is getting very little traffic.
> >
> > There were 56 posts to users@openoffice.org in the last week. Traffic is
> > highest after a new release. Here is a list by month for 2011: Jan 409
> >  Feb 290    Mar 366    Apr 197    May 218    Jun 233    Jul 123    Aug 160
> >

> So the English support forum has 613 *active threads* for August
> alone.  In many cases that multiplies out to multiple posts per
> thread.  So the forum traffic dwarfs the mailing list traffic.
>
> >>  A note was sent today asking about interest.  I've seen zero affirmative
> >
> > You have now. How much response do you expect in six hours (working hours in
> > NA) ?
> >

> So that is one.
>
> >> So I don't think any of the lists will get much traffic.
> >> But it makes sense to JFDI and move on to more important things.
> >
> > They will when you have a new release.
> >

> Forums will still dominate.
>
> > I am very pleased to hear that providing user support is not important.
> >

> That really doesn't add to the conversation, Larry.
>
> I think we have similar goals.

Finally - actually I do not know what you goals are and more importantly
I do not know what the overall goal of what is happening here is.

That is not rhetorical, are we just sunsetting the OO.o project are we
setting up to become OSS-Symphony or are we building a user facing
product...it makes a difference as to what needs to be done now.